One Step at a Time

June 10
Numerous decisions are sitting before my family. Obstacles have popped up in very diverse aspects of our lives and I think I dreamed about each one of them last night and awakened overwhelmed. The first words I heard the Lord say this morning were:
"One step at a time". I need to start by simply getting my husband's breakfast made and start a load of wash!
As I made my way out to walk yesterday,the cyst in the bottom of my foot competed with the one in my leg and my aching knees for "top pain of the day in an older body". I got my gait going and rounded the bend to see an older gentleman, who obviously was a stroke victim, dragging his right side along as he pushed himself in his rehab efforts. With cheerfulness in his voice, he called out, "Get those miles in!" What an attitude!
I am heading off in a few minutes to meet my friend, who has been in a ferocious six year battle with numerous types of cancer, as she makes her way to Duke to be informed of the next attack she will launch against this vicious disease. I would have quit long ago, but she takes one day at a time and trust in the Lord along every turn.
WOW, think about Jesus and the depth at which He saw on earth and still sees today the hurt and needs of others. OK, so He is God and can probably take more than one step at a time, but on earth He steadily persevered. He even got to Lazarus a few steps behind death and that turned out OK.
Paul found it necessary to write a quick second letter to the Thessalonians. While they had taken the first step and accepted Christ, evidently they took Christ's return as imminent and were content to sit back and watch the sky for his return.
Paul exhorts them to not be idle. If a man will not work, he shall not eat.
Verse 3:10
So however bad the diagnosis sounds, however high the mountain is in front of us, or however thick the oil spill in the Gulf, we must face today knowing heaven is coming and thank God for his love and the Christian comrades we have to walk, step by step, along with us on this pilgrimage.

Start today with the song lyrics...Step by step He leads me and I will follow Him all of my days!

Congratulations to our daughter in law's father, Scott Rigell, who won his congressional primary in the 2nd District. Step by step may God fearing men and women come forward to lead this county.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?