Pause to Praise

August 27
The morning started off rough, because I didn't start it off right...with the Lord. Instead, I was on the phone trying to cancel a credit card before a yearly fee was automatically renewed. The lady finally said she would up my credit limit, but she was not able to cancel the card, I would have to call back. WHAT!!! I wasn't like Jesus...I lost it. My walking buddy said they are probably on commission and get a penalty if they cancel a card. It was nuts. Coming back in from walking I headed off to our screened porch for my quiet time.

My first reading was from Psalms Now #135
Despite the depressing conditions of our world and the distortions of our society, or even the problems and conflicts of our lives, let us take time to praise the Lord...Without our God to praise and worship and serve, there is no real purpose in life, no meaning, no identity, and no reason for existing in this cold, calculating world...Let us praise the Lord! He makes our lives and our living, every hour and every day, truly worthwhile; and we belong to Him forever.

My blood pressure dropped from simply reading those words. I went from squawking about my rights to cancel a card to thinking...that Master Card lady probably needed Jesus.

The next verses I was led to were:
You who still the noise.... Psalm 65:7
And the devo spoke about the art of being quiet.

He took him aside, away from the crowd. Mark 7:33
This is what Jesus did before preforming a healing upon a man. Whew, sometimes we need to go off away from everyone and be healed by Jesus.

You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast,
because he trusts in you.
Isaiah 26:3

So when the clamor of life comes crashing down, when our blood pressure is on the rise and wrong seems to be winning as right, or you can't cancel your credit card...go off to a quiet place and pause to praise the One who really matters, the One who loves with a magnitude we can't even imagine, the One whose name is Jesus.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?