Preparing

October 14

For any of you who have planned a wedding or big event you may be able to relate to what I am about to share. For the past 5 weeks I've had a massive "to do" list. Praise God for friends who kept my hand to the plow and had me start early. Each morning I would awaken and shift my mind into wedding gear and what needed to be accomplished. Well, the wedding was last Sunday and a fairy tale event, but I am still waking up in preparation mode. This morning I was dreaming about stuffing boxwood and roses into floral arrangements.
God is a detailed planner and there are two of my favorite verses which attest to this fact.

In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.
John 14:2

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Lord, open our eyes today to Your plans. Help us to evaluate how our lives fit the puzzle called "today". Give us the words to speak, the prayers to pray and show us the hands which need holding. In Jesus Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?