Exhausted



April 14
Standing in the grocery store, picking up some items for my daughter, I said to the woman in front of me, "Excuse me, I am from out of town where there is no Harris Teeter. Would you let me use your VIC card?" She stared at me like I was a nut, as did the man at the register. I was holding a Kroger credit card in my hand. Embarrassingly I muttered, "This is not Harris Teeter is it? Is this Kroger?" They both shook their heads in an affirmative manner. I moaned, "I've been up for over 24 hours with a daughter who has had a very traumatic delivery. I am so sorry." They were very kind, but probably concerned that I was driving a car from that parking lot! The night before was even worse, as I went in the bathroom at the hospital and took out Neosporin from my tote bag, thinking it was tooth paste and brushed my teeth. "Gross," I exclaimed.

You know how I always say my faith is as crazy as it is because of how personal God is with the ways he shows up. I had to laugh when I opened Billy Graham's devotional, "Unto the Hills" and read April 13th.
"In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8
"Many people have trouble falling asleep at night. Some take over the counter drugs or sleeping pills to help them sleep. Others require prescription drugs in order to get the rest they need. I am n0t a doctor and would not presume to prescribe medication but it is my experience that too many in our culture turn first to drugs and not to God. Often, it is a restless spirit and not a chemical imbalance that keeps us from the rest our bodies need. God wants us to get our rest. He knows that we need it in order to work effectively while we are awake. So the next time you have difficulty falling asleep at night (and even when you don't), read some of the psalms.
PT
Thank You God for putting a much needed message right in front of me! In Jesus' Name, Good night and Amen!

Too tired to proof read.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?