Five "S"s

June 29
Today I am choosing to see HIM! I will watch for the Lord in a song, in a sermon (radio or Internet), in God's scenery, in scripture, and in another's soul (so I have to get out there and encounter people).
Already found Him twice in scripture and it is only 8:30. I've been out working on my plants, which were destroyed by deer while we were gone. It made me sick to my stomach to see all the damage they did. Then I opened Biblegateway today to see the Word for the day and loved it!

The LORD will vindicate me; your love, LORD, endures forever— do not abandon the works of your hands. Psalm 138:8

Although everything is nibbled down to the stub, I believe with some TLC they will bloom again this summer. Oh, yeah and a bag of deer be gone!

The second one. A relative emailed for prayer and in today's Jesus Calling was this scripture reference. Psalm 5:3
In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.
Their family is getting pounded pretty hard...three deaths, a sick parent and a sick child. This message from Jesus Calling is excellent for such situations.
"Taste and see that I am good. This command contains an invitation to experience My living Presence. It also contains a promise. The more you experience Me, the more convinced you become of My goodness. This knowledge is essential to your faith walk. When adversities strike, the human instinct is to doubt My goodness. My ways are mysterious, even to those who know Me intimately. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways and thoughts higher than your ways and thoughts. Do not try to fathom My ways. Instead, spend time enjoying Me and experiencing My goodness."

Open my eyes Lord, I want to see Jesus!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?