Red Sea Rules #10

October 13
Don't forget to praise Him.
Then Moses and the Israelites sang this song to the LORD:

I will sing to the LORD, for he is highly exalted.
Both horse and driver he has hurled into the sea.

The LORD is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him. Exodus 15:1-2

"Wash your face every morning in a bath of praise." Charles Spurgeon

Morgan shared of standing in the back of his church during the praise time one Sunday and watching several people sing with heartfelt gratitude, but says he was bothered by the number of people who were not singing. Some were looking around side to side, shifting their feet, others even whispering to their friends. He thought, "Maybe we need a crisis."

My mind drifted back to 9-11 and the people pouring into churches mid-week to pray. How few enter on Sunday morning with attitudes of gratitude. A story was shared of a man who sent his grandchildren a birthday card each year with money inside. All the children, except one, would write him a sweet thank you note. He shared that she was a dear girl, but the not writing back made him sad and disappointed and he found himself less eager to do things for her in the future.

Hmm, wonder if our heavenly Father feels the same way. Yesterday, I drove past a home with an American flag in the front yard and I found myself thanking God that I was born in America. Pouring a glass of water I realized how I take that blessing for granted...some people hike miles for water. Opening the refrigerator I had three choices of fruit and two choices of yogurt for breakfast...or wait...did I want to fry an egg or have a bowl of cereal. Instead of focusing on what we do not have, let's shift gears and thank God for all He has given us.

The Blue Ridge Mts are bursting forth with praise this time of year. Let's take a prompting from them and put on our praise even in the midst of our problems! Alleluia!

I am creating a couple new praise projects that I will send ASAP. Morgan lists several ideas in the book as well.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?