The Order

December 30-31
Genesis 2:15
God took the Man and set him down in the Garden of Eden to work the ground and keep it in order.

I like order! My closets are color coded and the hangers match as much as possible. Our spices are arranged on the shelf in alphabetical order and after that I have to go with the flow of living with others who have a much more "free" style! :)

While God is a God of order our lives are filled with the unexpected. Looking back on life we can see it spotted with "pop quizzes" and jacks coming out of the box! As I look back at the highs and lows of 2011 and I watch the winter winds begin to whip up a warning that the cold is coming, I am thankful for God's steadfast love that weathers all storms.

Dear God, my Master, you created earth and sky by your great power—by merely stretching out your arm! There is nothing you can't do. You're loyal in your steadfastlove to thousands upon thousands...
Jeremiah 32:16

May steadfastness of faith be a character trait for which we are known.

They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the LORD.
Psalm 112:7
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Psalm 51:10



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?