"I Will Position People on Your Path...."

August 29
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." - Romans 15:13

Sunday and Monday, I sensed a lull before the storm. Maybe it was all the Isaac news, but I don't think so.  Laying low those days, I took advantage of some beautiful weather and laid low listening to the Lord...on the dock.  :)

"God if you would just show me what is ahead..." was a 2AM, unable to sleep, prayer request early Sunday morning.  "I will position people on your path to direct you." was the interesting reply I heard.  Driving down our driveway (path) Sunday afternoon, a realtor rolled down the car window and asked permission for her clients, who are just beginning to think about lake property, to walk around the outside of Shiloh. Now our house is no longer on the market, but I thought back to what I had heard early and granted an...   "Absolutely!"  They'd been placed directly in our path.
   
Opening an online devotional yesterday by Micca Monda Campbell, she spoke of how she and her husband had an uneasy feeling at a house closing and didn't sign the papers on their new home.  Weeks later he died in a tragic accident and she would not have been able to afford the mortgage on the house.  She is thankful for the prompting from the Holy Spirit, which directed their paths.  She shared a prayer she prays:

"Dear Lord, make my path clear and give me the courage to follow it. In Jesus' Name, Amen"

Reading that story, two days after I felt the Lord affirming his presence in my life, was an excellent confirmation to be on the alert...and certainly check out the people in my path.

Right in the middle of morning chores, yesterday, I felt a nudge to go downstairs and play praise songs on the piano.  That was not on my schedule, but I went. Although out of tune, I plinked on the ivories starting at the beginning of a praise and worship book.  
All Hail King Jesus
All Your Anxiety
Amazing Grace
As the Deer
Be Not Afraid
Be Still and Know
Blessed Redeemer....were all great songs.  But then came Blest Be the Lord and I sang all the verses and felt this was the reason I had come.  I knew these were lyrics I was supposed to pass on to you all as well, so here they are!  

Chorus:
Blessed be the Lord, blest be the Lord.
The God of mercy, the God who saves.
I shall not fear, the dark of night, nor the sorrow that flies by day.
Verse 1
He will release me from the nets of all my foes.
He will protect me from their wicked hands.
Beneath the shadow of His wings, I will rejoice to find a dwelling place secure.
Verse 2
I need not shrink before the terrors of the night
Nor stand alone before the light of day.
Nor harm shall come to me, no arrow strike me down.
Verse 3
Although a thousand strong have fallen at my side.
I'll not be shaken with the Lord at hand.
His faithful love is all the armor that I need to wage my battle with the foe.

I know not who or what the foes are that you are facing, but I know God will walk with you in the battle and position people and even angels along you path.  Great is His faithfulness.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?