Where You Lead, I will Follow

March 9-10
The disciples followed Jesus, Ruth followed Naomi and our grandson followed 75 pound Moses right up the driveway to our neighbor's house one day last week! Moses was taking our grandson on a walk about.
We have so many opportunities to follow.  For some it is following their heart, a political agenda, a strict diet, a personal trainer, a sports team or TV show. The best advice, which is found in scripture is to follow Jesus, but it requires self-sacrifice.

Then Jesus went to work on his disciples.  Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead. You're not in the driver's seat; I am. Don't run from suffering; embrace it.  Follow me and I'll show you how. Self-help is no help at all.  Self-sacrifice is the way, my way, to finding yourself your true self.  What kind of deal is it to get everything you want but lose yourself?  What could you ever trade your soul for?   Matthew 16:24-16 The MSG

Send me your light and your faithful care, let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell.  Psalm 43:3
  

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?