A Symbol of Hope



April 23
Sunday our pastor shot a picture of the Superman "S" icon up on the big screen.  Someone had shared a clip with him where Superman states that the "S" on his chest is actually not an "S" but the symbol for hope  from where he comes from. What a great lead in for a sermon on hope!

George Muller wrote: "Even when our situation appears to be impossible, our work is to 'hope in God'. Our hope will not be in vain, and in the Lord's own timing, help will come."

Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him for the help of His presence.  Psalm 42:5

For what are you hoping?
In whom is your hope dependent?

The Message translation puts this twist on Psalm 42:5
Why are you down in the dumps, dear soul?  Why are you crying the blues?  Fix my eyes on God-soon I'll be praising again.  he puts a smile on my face. He's my God.




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?