Things Don't Change...



April 6-7
Spring is all about change.  "Busting Loose" was the titled of a song at some point in my growing up years and while it wasn't about spring, I think that is a perfect "tag" for what happens this time of year...nature is busting loose with changes.  I walked around the yard the other day searching for what is busting loose from tree branches and the ground!  While it is our sense of sight, which tips us off to natures changes; it is our sense of hearing, which tips us off to the changes God wants to make!

You've opened my ears, so I can listen.  Psalm 40:6

"The power of prayer is found, not in convincing God of my agenda, but in waiting upon Him to hear His agenda."  Bob Sorge

Everything that is hidden will become clear, and every secret thing will be made known.  So be careful how you listen. Those who have understanding will be given more. But those who do not have understanding, even what they think they have will be taken away.  Luke 8:17-18

The greatest "giving glory to God...life changing" accomplishments have come from the times I was still and listening for God's voice.  Well, sometimes I wasn't actually intentionally listening for Him, he just spoke up when my mind was quiet and I had stopped "doing" for awhile.  He loves to catch me in the shower for this sort of encounter.  :-)

When I look back on those "show stoppers" there is a common element...change.  Either change in me or positioning me in a place to come alongside someone else needing a change.

"Things don't change when I talk to God, things change when God talks to me."  Bob Sorge

Jesus is the change maker in our lives.  Allow Him to trigger a change in you today!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?