What Holds Us Back?


April 5
Bargaining with the Lord (once more I'm afraid) I was looking for the easy way out of an assignment he'd give me.  You know, like buying the Cliff Notes back in the day or renting the movie instead of reading the book before writing the report. I wanted to pull out some old writings to fulfill an obligation I had to God.  The reply, "I am doing a new work!"  That phrase sounded like a familiar verse from Jesus, but when I went to Biblegateway I couldn't find it. Instead,  the passage below is what I came upon.

Let me put this question to you: How did your new life begin?  Was it by working your heads off to please God?  Or was it by responding to God's Message to you?  Are you going to continue this craziness?  For only crazy people would think they could complete by their own efforts what was begun by God.  If you weren't smart enough or strong enough to begin it, how do you supposes you could perfect it? Did you go through this whole painful learning process for nothing?  It is not a total loss, but it certainly will be if you keep this up! Galatians 3:2-4  

Ouch!

The dog barked to go out, the phone rang, and a new message tinged on my computer ....temptation to abort the assignment set in.  "Forgive me Lord, but I am looking for a way out," I sheepishly remarked.  

What holds us back from stepping out in action when God calls?

For me it is fear, lack of confidence, and selfish desire to do "more comfortable" things.
Whoa!  For me it is sin.

Forgive me Father.  Today find me faithful.


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?