What's Sprouting?


April 9
I'm having one of my clap your hands and applaud for the Lord moments.  Yesterday, the title "What's Sprouting" came to me and I typed it down feeling led to to write about what we sow in life.  This time of year is so exhilarating as we observe the various flora, which were previously planted, popping their heads up from the earth.
We have friends in our neighborhood, who moved into a new home a couple months ago and the yard is a surprise party right now...they've never been there in spring and have no idea what is going to spring up on their new property!
I was reflecting on how that is for us when we share our faith with others. Sometimes we aren't around when the sowing we've done with God's Word and fertilizing of His love for an individual comes to fruition in that person's life.   I envision the scene when we are approached by a friend from our past in heaven and they say...Remember that time when you came along side me and told me Jesus loved me?  Yes, I think I did roll my eyes at you, but later when I was in dire need I remembered all you said and called out to Him and asked him into my heart!  w00t!  w00t!

Here's the applause part for me.  I picked up the present study I am doing, Secrets of the Secret Place,  and turned to the next entry #6 and was blown away to find the same topic.
Sorge writes...
"Our devotional life with God is more like the planting of a garden.  When we arise from sowing into the secret place (where we have our quiet time), we will not usually be able to point to immediate results of benefits. What we sow today will require an entire season of growth before the results are manifest.
Sowing is usually extremely mundane, boring and menial.  Rarely are the benefits of sowing seen at the time.  Usually, it takes a period of time before the benefits of sowing start to become self-evident.  Authentic spiritual harvest is rarely instantaneous.  The wise believer who understands this will devote himself to arduous sowing, knowing that at the right time he will reap if he does not lose heart.
He who tills his land will be satisfied with bread  Proverbs12:11.  To have a harvest, you must till (prepare) the soil of your heart and then implant God's word into your heart.  God's word is powerful seed, which will eventually produce a mighty harvest if the soil of our hearts is right...The word being sown into your heart today is going to germinate, sprout, send roots downward and branches upward, and produce fruit! Catch the secret: 
He who sows will most assuredly reap!"

What's sprouting in your spiritual life?  Are the things we share with others encouraging them to bloom for the Lord?

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?