Extravagance


May 20
The same morning as the word "thrills" came to me the word "extravagant" entered my mind.  Both of those words are full of exuberance!  They energize me.  Check out these passages which tell of a love beyond belief, which is available to us.  Oh, how my heart aches for those who are not experiencing the  love of Jesus Christ.

The Experience
The One that God sent speaks God's words.  And don't think he rations out the Spirit in bits and pieces. The Father loves the Son extravagantly.  He turned everything over to him so he could give it away-a lavish distribution of gifts.  That is why whoever accepts and trusts the Son gets in on everything, lie complete and forever!  And that is also why the person who avoids and distrusts the Son is in the dark and doesn't see life.  All he experiences of God is darkness, and an angry darkness at that.
John 3:34-36

The Generosity
But there is another urgency before me (Paul) now. I feel compelled to go to Jerusalem. I'm completely in the dark about what will happen when I get there. I do know that it won't be any picnic, for the Holy Spirit has let me know repeatedly and clearly that there are hard times and imprisonment ahead.  but that matters little.  What matters most to me is to finish what God started; the job the Master Jesus gave me of letting everyone I meet know all about this incredibly extravagant generosity of God.
Acts 20:22-24

Have you ever come on anything quite like this extravagant generosity of God, this deep, deep wisdom? It's way over our heads.  We'll never figure it out.  Is there anyone around who can explain God?  Anyone smart enough to tell him what to do?  Anyone who has done him such a huge favor that God has to ask his advice?  Everything comes from him; Everything happens through him; Everything ends up in him.  Always glory!  Always praise! Yes. Yes, Yes.  Romans 11:33-36

The Love
But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation:
Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love.
1 Corinthians 13:13

 May you experience, the generosity,  of God's extravagant love, today!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?