How Long Do You Have?

 Good listening going on from a grandson.
We have a family candle wax competition to see who has the most wax in their ears.
Last Christmas Daddy cracked us up by wanting to compete!
We have not found that this process makes us hear any better, it's good for a laugh though!

October 25
Here come the tears again.  Ya, just never know when there will be a downpour. This week I've been meditating on Jeremiah 33:3
Call to Me and I will answer you, I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know.
After a time of praise, I approached the Lord saying, "I'd like to know great and mighty things, Lord."
His reply was something my earthly Father used to say to me, "How much time do you have? Can you stay awhile?"  In the last couple years, Daddy's stories were often repetitive, but more often than not I learned something new about his past.  Most of us don't "stay" long enough with others and simply listen and I'd probably be safe to wager, that is not a daily practice with the Lord for many either.

When I heard the Lord's statement, "How much time do you have?" my mind flashed back to high school and college and the fact I would sit at a desk, hour after after listening to teachers/professors absorbing knowledge.  Later,  I would head back home/dorm and study the material, often researching deeper on the topic.  Why don't we approach our learning sessions with the Lord that way?

Father, be our favorite relationship.  You are our All in All!  Direct us to discipline our lives to have long enough to sit in your presence each day.  In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?