Taking an Offense

March 5
It is impossible that no offenses should come.
Luke 17:1
Well, this study on not taking an offense is a much needed chapter in my life. By 7:45 AM Monday, I had taken offense for others. These individuals probably hadn't even taken offense of the actions brought against them, but I had taken it for them!  Whew, it robs your joy, interrupts your fellowship with the Lord, and turns you into a grumbler!  Got to give it up.

The book I'm journeying in through this Lenten Season is The Bait of Satan by John Bevere.  
The sub-title: "Living free from the Deadly Trap of Offense."

Here we go!

And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare (entrapment) of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.
2 Timothy 2:24-26

"Many people are unable to function properly in God's purpose and calling for their lives 
because of the wounds, hurts, and offenses in their lives.  
They are handicapped and hindered from fulling their potential.
Most often it is a fellow believer who has hurt them."
John Bevere

David laments in Psalm 55:12-14

If an enemy were insulting me, I could endure it; if a foe were rising against me, I could hide. 
But it is you, a man like myself, my companion, my close friend, with whom I once enjoyed fellowship at the house of God, as we walked about among worshipers. 

Lord, you are such an example of one who does not take offense.  Oh,that we could have hearts that reflect Your character.   Oh, that we might know the truth and it would set us free from the offenses we hold in our hearts.  Oh, that we would stay clear of the devil's traps today and not quarrel, but be gentle to all, be able to teach and be patent and humble towards those who are in opposition to us!  With God all things are possible. In Christ's name we pray. Amen








Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?