Taste Jesus and See that He is Good

We've gone to the ATM machine….Ate Too Much

March 29-30
Taste and see that the Lord is good.
Psalm 34:8

I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
John 10:10

My mind keeps drifting back to a woman who visited recently and bluntly inquired of me, "Why do you do what you do?"   Ah, a good question for us all to ask ourselves.  While reading a Charles Stanley devotional the other day I found myself saying, "That's it!  That is what I want others to understand and experience."

Stanley wrote: "Eternity begins the moment we are saved; there is no reason to wait until heaven to enjoy the Lord's riches.  At salvation, we received every good gift that God intends to give us: forgiveness, redemption, righteousness, a place in His family, and much more…spiritual growth broadens our capacity to recognize and enjoy His grace in our lives."

Fellowship with Jesus thrills my heart! After an extremely busy day, I realized I'd had no "sit alone with Jesus" time.  As I climbed into bed, I imagined myself in a jam packed crowd, like a concert scene. I could see Jesus way up ahead.  Lifting my hand in the air, with my best non-princess wave, I was waving saying, "Jesus!  Over here!  Can you slip away with me?  Let's get out of here and go somewhere quiet."


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?