The Sure Foundation


The snow isn't this deep yet, but it is beautiful!
March 25
So this is what the Sovereign Lord says:
"See I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation;
the one who relies on it will never be stricken with panic."
Isaiah 28:16

"Without a foundation in His Word, we will be easily offended by unexpected trials and tribulations."

I'm still hanging out in the book of Judges with Gideon and learning such deep lessons.  Gideon faced an enormous trial with his 300 men. They were outnumber 450 to 1.  Priscilla Shirer lays out four key points for us when facing a battle. Great advice on how to set a sturdy foundation to avoid being offended or demolished by unexpected trials.
I tried to evaluate how I've faced our daughter enduring a miscarriage this week in relationship to these points.
1) Begin the battle on your knees bowing before the Lord in worship.  
           I began by crying out to the Lord, but I didn't establish a position of worship.
2) Face the battle from a stance of victory.
           I did get to the place I believed with all my heart God will give her the desires of her heart and
           he knows, even better than her Mama, what is best for her life and his plans for her life to
           prosper.
3) Advance into the battle from your assigned place.
          Circumstances prevented me from taking the position I wanted…right beside my daughter.
4) Approach the battle at just the right time.
           Listen for His voice and go only when God tells you to go.  This has been tough.

Pray:
God, thank You for Your Word which is life giving. Please illuminate it in our lives today and as it falls upon our hearts and minds in times of tribulation may it be a soothing balm bringing peace, comfort, and healing.  In Jesus' Name, Amen


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?