Who Will Avenge Me?

March 14
Vengeance is Mine, 
I will repay, says the Lord.
Romans 12:19

This verse had me thinking of all the times in life where I've been able to sit back and someone else does the dirty work. Usually my amazing husband.  He is not a shopper, but is quick to offer to be my personal valet service, dropping me at the store, driving off to find a parking place and then watching for me to come out and he pulls right up! My husband is awesome about clearing the table and doing the dishes.  A night out at a restaurant where someone else cooks, serves, clears and cleans is also a delight.  As a school administrator my husband listens to "issues" and often without involving an offended party, he takes care of the issue in a creative way.  We do not have garbage pick up in our county, but blessed ole me sleeps with a  man who has a pick up and hauls off our trash without me ever having to ask. I know you are thinking…."You better be good to that man!"

God will haul off the trash in our lives as well!

Bevere's writes: "Churches split, families divide, marriages shatter, and love dies, crushed by an onslaught of words launched in hurt ad frustration. Friends, family, and leaders offend us using words sharpened by bitterness and anger that aim a deadly blow. Even though the information may be factual and accurate, often our motives are impure.  Any sowing of discord or separation among brethren is an abomination to God.  (Proverbs 6:16-19)

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?