Words


March 28
Encourage one another daily, as long as it is called "Today," 
so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.
Hebrews 3:13 

Currently, I am participating in a study on spiritual disciplines. Each week we take a characteristic of Christ and work to incorporate that trait into our lives. This week has been the virtuous life and I chose to be intentional in speaking encouragement and affirmation into our grandchildren who have been with us.  While successful in the attempts with our grandchildren, I failed to carry out the same affirmation upon my husband.  Tired from creative grandmothering, when he came home, I was a sour puss towards him.  While placing a two year old on the potty, I looked up on the wall behind the toilet and read…listen, laugh, encourage.   I had scored an A+ on the preschool level, but an F in the spousal category!  I thanked God for placing those words spot on in my face and sought forgiveness from my man.
The next day, being even more exhausted, I snapped again, but without even a sign in my face I was quick to kiss and correct!  The thought of Jesus' 40 days in the desert and Satan's temptation moves he placed upon Christ made me realize that in my power this is not doable, but through the power of the Holy Spirit, I can overcome my grumbling.

Let's pray:
Lord, as long as today is called Today, fill us with your Holy Spirit and find us faithful to be daily encouragers to one another. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?