Cock-a-Doodle Doo

April 9

I have to share this funny, yet convicting story with y'all. Back in February I was in a restaurant with one of our grandsons.  On the buffet was a huge ceramic rooster and when our grandson went around that end of the buffet he said, "Cock-a- Doodle Doo!"  Right then I set out upon a search for a large solid white ceramic rooster for our kitchen. I thought it would be a good reminder for me when my "Peter tendencies" arise, as well as bring pleasure to this cute grandson.

Yesterday, while doing Bible study, Priscilla Shire, posed a question similar to:  "Is there anything I am mastered by, obsessed with, consumed by, allowing to get out of line, or that is offensive in my life?"
Immediately, I thought…"My rooster search has become an obsession."  This past weekend I hit every TJMass/Marshalls/HomeGoods between Nashville and Virginia.  I'd run in, look for a rooster and run out.  At one point I found one for $9.99, but put him back on the shelf thinking certainly I will be able to find a larger one.  Reading the lesson, I realized I had to let the rooster hunt go, but in the very next breath I realized I was going to a town today with a TJMaxx and just maybe…..

Whew! Idols are a nuisance! Ha Ha…check out this rationale…."Lord, what if each place I go to look for the rooster, I agree to tell someone Jesus loves them?"

You know the credit card commercial that goes…"What's in your wallet?"  I'm asking myself, "What's your idol?"
Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry.
1 Corinthians 10:14 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?