Frozen

What's to come!
April 23

I knew this morning I was to write about how we can become frozen in our faith.  Trying to log onto my site, it became…..FROZEN!  I took that as confirmation.  Our granddaughter's currently favorite movie is a cute Disney movie about two princesses. The title Frozen.  One princess possesses powers, she wishes she didn't have, but she causes the world around her to freeze.  Hmm, we all know some people whose presence places a chill in the air, don't we?

While sprucing up the yard on Monday I came across my beloved camellia bushes.  This time of year I enjoy doing a centerpiece with them floating in a beautiful crystal bowl, but last week's frost had harmed them.  Leaves and buds had turned brown as well as the blossoms which had been early birds and opened.  As I plucked the discolored buds from the branches and tossed them in the trash can I thought of what happens to our faith when we freeze up.  We are of no use to the Lord at that point; we are not fruit bearing.   I snipped off the ends of the branches, where the leaves were all brown, and hoped new growth would come.  Then I thought….hmm, that is how God feels about us related to the pruning process. He snips away the gross, damaged areas in hopes new growth and beauty will burst forth!
He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, 
while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.
John 15:2

In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
James 2:17 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?