He Was Willing


April 16
While preaching this past Sunday our preacher stated, "Jesus GAVE his life, no one took it."

The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life-only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord.  I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again.  This command I receive from my Father.  John 10:17-18

Whether you watch Law and Order, NCIS, or another detective related show…when the bad guys/gals are being apprehended there is usually an intense chase, sometimes some fence climbing or a dart into a dark alley.  When Judas leads the authorities to arrest Jesus, Christ walks TOWARD them.  He was doing what his father sent him to earth to do.  Certainly He had built relationships, which would be hard to leave (his own mother for example) but Jesus knew his purpose and although he dreaded the process (If it's possible remove this cup from me.), he went willingly.

Each night this week,  I want to be intentional (my word for 2014) in sharing from the gospel with our grandchildren. I hope the weather will be decent and we can have fireside chats outside by the fire pit.
Here are some questions we will take a look at related to the Easter story to deepen our understanding of what HAD to happen in order for us to rise above sin's hold on us and enter heaven.

1) Did Jesus fight back when he was arrested? Why did he act this way?

2) Did Pilate want Jesus to be crucified? Why did he listen to the people?

3) How does it make you feel knowing Jesus died for you?

Occasionally,  we have things happen here where my husband and I say, "No one could make up this story.  It's unbelievable."  That's the way I feel about the gospel! It's not make believe…it's the real deal!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?