Demonstrating the Truthfulness of God

"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.
We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from 
the Father, full of grace and truth."
John 1:14

"Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life.
No one comes to the Father except through me.'"
John 14:6

December 8
Often you all ask, how do I keep doing this day after day.  The process blesses me as it is such a faith builder and accountability tool.  I've become totally expectant of God to provide and teach me. 
Enjoying lunch out with my husband, after church, something trigger a discussion on the necessity of a measurement (a constant John Piper says) on which we base our decisions. For us, he explained, it is the belief that God's Word is truth.  From that acceptance, we base life's choices.

Here's where the faith builder comes in.  This morning, opening the December 8th entry in The Dawn of Indestructible Joy, I find John Piper speaking out on the importance of recognizing God is truthful.  God's presence, as a loving instructional Father, doesn't stop there.  My writing process continues with me saying, "Now, I need a good verse on truth."  One click and the provision boldly appears as the daily verse on Biblegateway today is…John 14:6.  Can you imagine the smile on my face?

Stay close to Him dear friends. Don't miss what he is waiting to give you today!

Be blessed by the teaching of these words and take the challenge John Piper issues in the last paragraph.

"Christmas is the reassertion of the foundation of all truth and goodness and beauty, because Christmas means: God is truthful.
God's truthfulness is the constant in a universe of flux. God's truthfulness is the unwavering absolute. If we forsake God's truthfulness, the anchor is up, the rudder is loose, the keep is broken, and the ship of life (political life, social lie, educational life, scientific life, family life) is simply at the mercy of the wind of human wishes.
So I say it with all my heart: demonstrating the truthfulness of God is a great blessing. Give that blessing to your children. Say to the next generation again and again: God is truthful; God keeps his word; God does no lie; God can be trusted! That's one blessing of Advent. Receive it as a wonderful Christmas gift, and give it to as many people as you can."

It gets better!  Just received an email with this verse posted:
I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear.
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth.
John 16:12-13 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?