Today is a Gift….

December 4
Monday's list was long, but I'd heard a forecast for balmy weather, so I stuck my head out the door around 10AM to sunshine, white puffy clouds and temps in the mid 60's!  Bag that treadmill, I thought and I headed for the woods with my clippers to enjoy gathering pine, magnolia and holly for decorating. Finishing up the outdoor planters by noon, I thought, Today is a gift!  And I am going to receive it. Gathering a stack of Bible study books and my laptop, I headed off to the screen porch with the Lord! So glad I hadn't packed up those outdoor cushions.

Jesus is a gift!  He is a gift of love, of mercy and of grace.  He is a gift of unspeakable joy!
A gift poured out, filled with selfless service to the point of death on a cross for our sins.
That's a lot to think about!
Even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve,
and to give his life as a ransom for many.
Mark 10:45

You know that he appeared in order to take away sins, and in him there is no sin…
The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.
1 John 3:5, 8

Here are a couple musical gifts for you!

This first link takes us into the Nashville home of violinist, Daniel Fisher.  The music is beautiful and the reality of his two children running around makes life real!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoear8a01vo&feature=youtu.be

I've come to really enjoy this next A Cappella group, Pentatonix.
http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=WPKGWLNX&utm_source=GodTube%20Must-See%20Video&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=12/02/2014

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?