Oldest grandchild!

January 8


John chapter 8 holds within all its wisdom, one of my very favorite stories…the adulterous woman and her accusers.  Have you ever been in a conversation, concerning Christianity, where you knew it had been previously well thought out by the person conversing with you, in hopes of shaking your faith?
Jesus knew exactly what he was facing.

They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.  But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger.  When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her."  Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.  John 8: 6-8

The accusers turned and walked away!  w00t!  w00t!  Go Jesus!

Here is where God has taken me today with this story. (It is rather poignant, as we remember the men and women who were slain in Paris yesterday for standing up for freedom.)

Jesus bent down to write. I need to bend down daily and humbly seek Jesus and his teachings.
Jesus straightened up and spoke to his accusers. I need to stand in the confidence of Christ when ridiculed for my faith.

Father, may I bend down humbly before you and learn from Jesus' teachings.  May I "fear not," but trust in You as I stand straight and confident in who You are and what you mean to me.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.

I believe Biblegateway selected this verse below, intentionally today, as we try to wrap our minds around the kind of email that was witnessed yesterday in Paris.  Thanks for prayers for our daughter, who lives 1/2 mile from where the shootings occurred. Living in rural, Moneta, I can't wrap my mind around all that she is witnessing in that city.

Seek good and not evil-and live!
You talk about God, the God-of-the-Angel-Armies, being your best friend.
Well, live like it, and maybe it will happen.
Hate evil and love good, then work it out in the public square.
Maybe God, the God-of-the-Angel-Armies, will notice your remnant and be gracious.
Amos 5:14-15 MSG 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?