Alone

Notice the lone duck on the water between the trees.
Gorgeous song bird!
It's either a UVA, Florida or Auburn fan.

April 4-5
Each morning the past couple weeks I've awakened grieving for my girlfriend's loss of her husband.
One particular morning, I looked out to see a lone duck floating in the middle of our cove. Normally, these ducks are in groups or pairs, but more then likely predators have eaten the other ducks.  Ducks sleep out on the water for safety from land predators.  When water predators approach, the water currents are stirred and the duck is awakened and attempts to fly to safety.
Seeing the lone duck made me begin to pray for my friend who is now alone.  Before the tears could reach my checks a beautiful song bird flew past my window and lit upon a tree.  Immediately, Lamentations 3: 22-24 came to mind and I prayed that my friend would not be consumed by grief and loneliness, but day by day feel the Lord's love and compassion pouring out over her.

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."

I also remembered Philippians 4:12…
I've learned the secret of being content in any and every situation. 

We must remember grief is a process and being content in the changes life sends is a process as well, that will we are able to learn with the help of the Holy Spirit in time.

Praise the Lord.  He is risen and we are never alone.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?