Galloping Through Galatians #1


April 21
"Grace to you!" Galatians 1:4  What a great greeting!  Hmm, have to give that a try that today.

Our church is doing a study together for 6 weeks and last week the prep work involved reading three chapters in Galatians. I couldn't stop there, I went for all the gusto!  I'll send some of the highlights, but highly recommend going to https://www.biblegateway.com/resources/audio/  and listening to Max McLean read to you!

Galatians 1:4 "Who gave himself for our sins to RESCUE us from this present evil age."

If you have ever been rescued by someone, how do you feel towards that person now?
Our son was in a terrible accident years ago. The car flipped four times and landed upside down with him trapped inside.  He had a broken neck and the EMTs did an amazing job. The surgeons said a fraction of an inch more movement in the wrong direction and he would have been paralyzed.  Months later my husband drove to the town where it happened to seek out the EMTs to say thank you.

How often do we thank Jesus for saving us?

Galatians 2 (HA! Do I dare cut into the verses on circumcision!)
In verse 7 Paul explains that he and Titus were to preach to the uncircumcised Gentiles, while Peter and  three others had the task of going to the circumcised.  That spoke volumes to me affirming that we all have different ministry callings.
I'm filing away verses 6 and 20 remembering…."God does not show favoritism."
"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me."

Galatians 3:3  A pointant question.  "Are you so foolish?  After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh?

UGH.  Good place to pause and ponder.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?