Confidence



April 7
Continued from yesterday...
Thank you for encouraging me through this stroke recovery.  Tuesday, the check-out lady at the grocery store told me that I seemed to be doing so much better.  I went around the counter and hugged her neck!  I told her that was such a boost to my confidence.

Confidence: "the feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something."

Beyond the obvious physical and mental weakening strokes produce for individuals, there has been for me a significant deflation of my confidence in several areas.  I find myself turning to my husband to confirm if I've said something correctly.  I'm cautious walking on stairs and unleveled surfaces. I'm tentative to schedule things too early or too late knowing there are possible pits to plummet into related to the dressing process and my stamina stash. I'm not confident I could make the drive to Nashville or Virginia Beach like I used to.  I wonder if others can rely on me.
The stroke has left me with a lack of confidence in myself.

So, fellow strokees or caregivers of stroke survivors, memorize this verse...

"..being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you 
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Philippians 1:6

It might not look like what it used to or what you want it to look like, 
 but God is always up to good and growing His Kingdom!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?