Nutty Bird





April 12
This bird has been driving me nuts. Three weeks ago it was the window well of our laundry room he was tapping upon every morning. Then for two weeks it was one of our dining room windows he was bombarding. The activity began at 7:00 in the morning and he kept on going for 2 hours even when I was standing there waving my arms. At  4:00 in the afternoon, he would return for his afternoon attack persistently flying into the window until 7:30 PM.  Our windows were a smeary mess!

Revelation 3:20 came to mind..."
Here I am!  I stand at the door and knock. 
If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, 
I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me."

Maybe the bird is God's reminder for me to open up my heart and listen to his voice!

My husband's first thought was the term...birdbrain.  
My computer dictionary definition is: "An annoyingly stupid and shallow person."
Don't want to be that.

Could it be this bird has been reading the Word of God on our scripture signs and saw...

"For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; 
and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."   
Matthew 7:8

(I do realize he REALLY likes his reflection!  We need to find him a mate!)

Someone suggested hanging towels over the windows.  So two lovely beige bath towels were draped over the two offended windows.  All he did was head around the corner of the house and begin attacking the windows on that side.

Last Friday, at Bible Study Fellowship, one of our members commented on how much power was in the name of Jesus.  She said the devil flees at that name!  I piped up and told her about the bird and how I'd tried human tactics to rid him from our house, but not the name of Jesus.
Returning home from study around noon, no sooner had I set foot in the house, than out he came.
I ran to the window and shouted, "In the mighty name of Jesus, BE GONE! Go find another place to spend your time!"  An urgency set in for me to look at the front door and pray the UPS man was not there. Also, a fishing tournament  was in action and I turned around praying there wasn't a boat in the cove with a man who had just watched my hysteria.  Whew!
Are you ready for this?  The bird never returned that day and has yet to come back!!!!

What a faith builder for me and reminder there is power in the name of Jesus!  One day every knee will bow and every tongue confess....right now... one nutty bird at Shiloh has flown away under the authority of that name!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?