Obstacles Set by Satan




Our tradition of an obstacle course here at Shiloh is one of my favs.
iPhones having stopwatches on them is a big help!

April 18
One word can have a huge impact on a sentence.  Our pastor is currently preaching on the Invisible War surrounding our lives.  We took a look at the Garden of Eden, where lies and deception were tossed at Eve concerning the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. We are quick to concentrate on what they COULD NOT do, instead of thinking about ALL that was available to these two. That apple was not the only tasty item on the buffet in the garden.


"And the Lord commanded the man, 
'You are free to eat from ANY tree the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the 
knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.'"
Genesis 2:16

I needed to hear that tiny word "any." Last week I allowed myself to be hurt one ONE little flaw someone I love very much flung at me.  My defenses went up and I was ready to shut them out of my life.  Hearing our pastor's message (the VERY next day) caused my mind to consider that one tiny flaw compared to all the other amazing characteristics/qualities this person has, making them truly a treasure in my life to be cherished.

Another great point he made hit home with me.  At the time of the attack I was very vulnerable, as I was totally worn to form doing way too much that week.  Had I been on alert for spiritual danger,
(the OBSTACLES/traps Satan sets before us)
I would have recognized the footprints surrounding the attack.

Yup, I was glad I was in my place and ready to listen to what the Lord had for me that Sunday.  A funny, honest aside, is that as a church greeter I try to come up with greetings besides, "How are you?"  Often people aren't great and there really isn't time for them to tell you all about it.  So, I say,
"I'm praying you are filled up to joy overflowing this morning!"  "I'm so glad you are here to worship the Lord with us this morning! It's going to be awesome!"  "Let's get readyto praise the Lord."  " I hope your time with the Lord exceeds all your expectations!"

This particular Sunday, I told a couple people, "I'm praying you encounter God today in a way you never imagined."  Well, that's exactly what happened to me! 

Praying you allow the Holy Spirit to guide you through any obstacles in your way this week.






Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?