The Multi-tasker


April 16-17
I used to be a multi-tasker.  Not so much anymore.  My mother called me one day to say a friend had seen me driving, talking on my phone and eating a sandwich all at the same time.  Oh, the blessing of having your parents' friends be informants!  (Please! I was sitting at a stoplight at the time!)

On the particular day this photo was taken, I had a stack of ironing to be done.  A good multi-tasker would have taken the ironing board outside and soaked up some vitamin D and the beauty of the day while ironing! I did swing and listen to praise music at the same time!

God is the ultimate multi-tasker.  He's the one who can work all things together for good for those who are called according to his purpose.  (Romans 8:28)

Just as Moses went to take a peek at the burning bush, we need to peek into the Word of God and seek out what He has to say to us. God's Word is a multi-tasking tool!

"Every part of Scripture is God-breathed and useful one way or another-showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correction our mistakes, training us to live God's way.  Through the Word we are put together and shaped up for the tasks God has for us."  2 Timothy 3:16-17

I just had a wonderful time listing times God has placed me in one location to do a totally different work in me than what I'd set out to do.  Won't share them all, but here are a few.

You had me at a church concert and used the singer to take me down the Roman Road in the Bible and understand my sin and the need for salvation through Christ.
You called me into a DQ to pray for someone, when it was my faith you planned to increase.
You used a broken down Seadoo to get me to the marina to see The Bible Boat ministry you desired.
You had me walk to the mailbox, making the timing perfect for me to encounter an angel.
You drew me out to the chapel in the woods to discipline me in love.
You placed me in an ambulance with a stroke to show me I'm not afraid to die.
You used an annoying robin at our window to remind me of the power in the name of Jesus.

Oh, my Marvelous Multi-tasker. Please keep teaching me.

My sweet husband did the wash recently, but wasn't very careful when putting my socks together.
It wasn't until after I had them on I realized my "Note to Self Socks" were multi-tasking by
telling me I was both blessed and relaxed that day!
I think I'll keep the miss matched pairs!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?