Seeking Transformation




June 8
Whew, wee, watch out! I snuck off to be alone with Jesus and he was quick to point out some squeakie parts in my life that need transforming. As part of our spring house sprucing up, we used WD40 on our doors and they sound so much better.  Wish it was that easy to make me sound better.

Monday night we kicked off our women's summer Bible study series and I found myself asking,
"Why do we do this?"  My response to myself was that we are seeking the Lord, so that we might be transformed into more of the likeness of Christ."

"But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you;
may those who long for your saving help always say,
'The Lord is great!'"
Psalm 40:16



This was the verse I selected to turn into a prayer for all of us.  Ran out of time though and I didn't give it to them.

"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen each of us with power through his Spirit in our inner being, so that Christ may dwell in our hearts through faith. And I pray that we, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that we may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."
Ephesians 3:14-21


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?