Inner Aliveness

This was the first tree of Fall Color in our Yard

October 25
After months of physical pain and investigation into the cause, the latest MRI would point towards an awful messed up back.  A twelve day steroid course has brought relief, but the problems still exist and surgery is not on my "want to do list."  Diet and exercise are the way I hope to cope.  Add to that a big scoop of trusting Jesus!

October 20th was projected to most likely be the last 80 degree day of the month here in Moneta and I did't want to miss it.  I wanted to just grab a book and go sit outside, but the household chores and some weekend cooking needed to be addressed.  While in the kitchen, I opened an email from a friend and was blessed by David Jeremiah's teaching on Russia's roll in the end times. I listened as I cooked and cleaned.  Very interesting.

http://www.davidjeremiah.org/site/Default.aspx  (This might take you to the Oct 20th teaching.)

Afterwards, I sat down to seek the Lord in the quiet of the moment, having been scurrying around and missing His fellowship.  I started by opening Jesus Calling and there was the exact encouragement I needed to find related to my physical problems.

"And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:19

We need to go to Him though!

If your old body is aching, check out Jesus Calling October 20th

"I am your Living God, far more abundantly alive than the most vivacious person you know.  The human body is wonderfully crafted, but gravity and the inevitable effects of aging weigh it down.  Even the most superb athlete cannot maintain his fitness over many decades.  Lasting abundant life can be found in Me alone.  Do not be anxious about the weakness of your body.  Instead, view it as the prelude to My infusing energy into your being.

As you identify more and more fully with Me, My Life becomes increasingly intertwined with yours. Though the process of aging continues, inwardly you grow stronger with the passing years.  Those who live close to Me develop inner aliveness that makes them seem youthful in spite of their years.  Let My Life shine through you, as you walk in the Light with Me."

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."  Psalm 139:14

I'm never disappointed when I spend time with the Lord!



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?