Let's Take Notice of the Word

The wedding we attended last weekend was a country affair.
I was brave enough to don the cowboy boots our children gave me on my fiftieth birthday,
along with a leopard dress, some fashionable friends talked me into.
My man, on the other hand, stayed pretty traditional.

October 21

There are books in the Bible I just can't get enough of and John is one of those. More than likely that is the book you were directed to read when you first came to a saving knowledge of Christ. I'm currently in a nine month study of John, through Bible Study Fellowship. I did this same study about 25 years ago, but it is just as fabulous this time around.  One twist I am doing is adding The Message translation to my study and I want to occasionally share my excitement over what is jumping off those Bible pages to me.  May these words thrill your heart as your remember that Jesus has been around since day one!

"The Life-Light"
"The Word was first, the Word present to God, God present to the Word. The Word was God, in readiness for God from day one.  Everything was created through him; nothing-not one thing!- came into being without him.  What came into existence was Life, and the Life was Light to live by.  The Life-Light blazed out of the darkness; the darkness couldn't put it out. John 1:1-5 

"The Life-Light was the real thing: Every person entering Life he brings into Light. He was in the world was there through him, and yet the world didn't even notice.  He came to his own people, but they didn't want him. But whoever did want him, who believed he was who he claimed and would do what he said, He made to be true selves, their child-of-God selves. These are the God-begotten, not blood-begotten, not flesh-begotten, not sex-begotten.

The  Word became flesh and blood, and moved into the neighborhood.  We saw the glory with our own eyes, the one-of-a kind glory, like Father, like Son, generous inside and out... John 1:9-14

I've gone through and highlighted points I want to meditate on, as well as pray to live out in my day to day living.

To Be God-inside-Minded we pray:
"I trust in You, Lord, with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding.  In all my ways I acknowledge You, and You direct my paths.  I walk in the light of the Word.  Holy Spirit,  You are my Counselor, teaching me to educate, train, and develop my human spirit.  The Word of God shall not depart out of my mouth.  I meditate therein day and night. Therefore, I shall make my way prosperous, and I will have good success in life.  I am a doer of the Word and put Your Word first."
In Jesus' Name. Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?