One Thing Leads to Another

October 29-30

Our neighbors at the top of our driveway, who bestowed much grief upon our entire private road community, have moved.  While walking with a friend, who remembered what had happened 9 years ago, she asked. "How did you deal with that on a daily basis for two years?"  I told her everyday on the way to work, I would literally drop to my knees at the court ordered gate and pray for God to allow me to love those people and not grow bitter.  The neighbor was standing there by the road every morning in his pajamas watching.

I knew and still know that bitterness blocks our access to God and when I'm not hearing from God I'm hollow.

Makes me think of Romans chapter 5:3-5

"'There's more to come: We continue to shout our praise even when we're hemmed in with troubles, because we know how troubles can develop passionate patience in us, and how that patience in turn forges the tempered steep of virtue, keeping us alert for whatever God will do next.  In alert expectancy such as this, we're never left feeling shortchanged.  Quite the contrary-we can't round up enough containers to hold everything God generously pours into our lives through the Holy Spirit!"

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?