Scarred


October 12
Sorry I was so late with the devotional yesterday. I'd had a sleepless night and forgot to post one. Forgive me Lord, for my mind was not on you.

Yesterday was a rough day.  My perfect driving record was scarred.  While driving into the city for a doctor's appointment I was pulled over for going 39 in a 25 mile an hour zone!  Noticing he was reading my license plate "I'm4Joy" as he approached my car, I said to him.  "I'm guessing this isn't going to be the most joyful moment." He smiled and said, "Do you know why I pulled you over?"

Thanking him for doing his job, I then asked if I could pray anything for him in addition to praying for his safety.  He was thinking and I said, "How about for a wife and children."  He said that would be great, he had both.  I acknowledged I would pray he would bring his children up to love the Lord.
"Im working on that," he replied.  Enthusiastically, I share about our church. He seemed genuinely interested.

I'm praying God works this encounter for good and the young officer takes me up on my invitation to bring his family to our church.   Walking away from my car he said, "God bless you ma'am."  I think I unraveled him, because he walked off forgetting to give me the ticket. I hollered after him and he was very appreciative!  (Not enough to tear up the ticket though.)  I told him my seven children were going to be elated my record was scarred.

Well, the day got worse.  I stole a cucumber from the grocery store! It was in the top of my cart and I didn't see it until I went to place the cart in the return aisle in the parking lot.  By then it was 5:30 and I was worn out, so today I will have to go back to the store and turn myself or the cucumber in!

Thinking about my scarred profile, prompted me to think about the scars on Jesus' hands and feet and my sins that placed them there.

"But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, And by His scourging we were healed. " Isaiah 53:5

Yesterday, I was a thief and a law breaker. Praise the Lord, today I know I am forgiven.


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?