The Day is Coming



October 20
What a gift the glorious day called yesterday was! In the afternoon, a friend who is going through a burdening transition called and came over.  We chucked the remainder of the day's chores and sat outside by the water and remembered who God is.

"What a God we have!  And how fortunate we are to have him, this Father of our Master Jesus! Because Jesus raised him from the dead, we've been given a bran-new life and have everything to live for, including a future in heaven-and the future starts now!  God is keeping careful watch over us and the future.  The Day is coming when you'll have it all-life healed and whole." 1 Peter 1:3 MSG

Pondering a recent decision she made it really helped to remember God is sovereign and he had allowed the pieces of her puzzle to fall into the places which brought the recent actions she had taken into play.  We forget, God has our best interest at heart and he knows exactly what is ahead for us.  He knows if we will be stuck in bed with a fever and the flu tomorrow,  if a job changed is about to occur, and he knows the exact moment Jesus is coming back!  Quite often, the uncomfortable situations He allows us to face implode the impetus which is needed to move us from spot A to B.
Where He leads....will we follow?


To Be God-inside-Minded let's pray:
"Father, I am becoming spirit-conscious. I listen to the voice of my spirit and obey what my spirit tells me. My spirit is controlled by the Holy Spirit and dominates me, for I walk not after the flesh, but after the spirit. I examine my leading in the light of the Word." Help me in this walk. In Jesus Name, Amen


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?