Wild Hair Day



January 12
Have you ever read something that made you want to cheer?  That's what this Titus passage did for me.
"God's readiness to give and forgive is now public. Salvation's available for everyone!  We're being shown how to turn our backs on a godless, indulgent life, and how to take on a God-filled, God-honoring life.  This new life is starting right now, and is whetting our appetites for the glorious day when our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, appears. He offered himself as a sacrifice to free us from a dark, rebellious life into this good, pure life, making us a people he can be proud of , energetic in goodness." Titus 2:11-14

The Bible Study Fellowship lecture last week started off with the teaching leader saying, "Spiritual blindspots need to be brought into the light."  Do we pray for that to happen in our lives?  A girlfriend told me she was praying for God to do that, but to please only reveal one spot at a time!

Monday, God did this to me. After posting boojoyful, the next 4 hours were spent on the phone and computer working on details for the family weekend celebration coming up.  My mind was becoming overwhelmed.  Mentally, I was having a "wild hair" day.

At last week's doctor's appointment my blood pressure was up, it's usually a perfect 120/80 or below, but the nurse said that was typical for a doctor's visit.  Monday, I decided to take mine and it was off the charts for me. The alarm on the machine was buzzing and it scared me, because I know how high blood pressure plays into strokes.

God showed me a blind spot.  I was in Martha mode, scurrying about.  I love to provide great food, fun fellowship and memory making moments for our children and grandchildren, but for this coming weekend God was showing me what is best...to just sit with our children and look back on memories that have already been made.

I'll suck up my pride and tell you more. Knowing I'm perfectly fine "to go" when God calls, my husband said, "Well, at least if you die, everyone will be here."  My mind started up again.  "You're right!  If this is my last day, I need to figure out what I want to get done...UGH the planning process shot into gear again."  He gasped, "Oh, no!  Don't start planning your funeral!"

"Slow mo" is where I need to go for a few days.  More to come...

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?