To Be...Filled with God's Word


February 5
We were sitting around the table praying with our church small group.  From deep within me the words came...
"...for I know whom I have believed and I am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have entrusted to Him until that day."  2 Timothy 1:12

When we put God's Word in our heart it stays there and the Spirit can bring it to remembrance at any time!  Isn't that exciting.

The verse goes on to say, "Retain the standard of sound words which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igC3fYB5AOU

 This is the Message translation.
"I've been set apart to proclaim as preacher, emissary, and teacher.  It's also the cause of all this trouble I'm in. But I have no regrets. I couldn't be more sure of my ground-the One I've trusted in can take care of what he's trusted me to do right to to the end. 
So keep at your work, this faith and love rooted in Christ, exactly as I set it out for you.  It's as sound as the day you first heard it from me.  Guard this precious thing placed in your custody by the Holy Spirit who works in us."  2 Timothy 1:11-14
 .

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?