To Be...God Centered


April 3
This Piper passage passed before me recently:
"To me the greatest news in all the world is that God has designed a universe in which God's God-centeredness is the foundation of my infinite joy."  John Piper

Famed physicist, Stephen Hawking, died last month.  He was known for his research on the Big Bang theory and black holes.  One article reported, "He also took a jab at religion, saying, "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail.  There is not heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." 

To that I reply, "The Lord is my light and my salvation-whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life-of whom shall I be afraid?"  Psalm 27:1

Jesus is not a fairy story and I am not afraid of the dark, because the Light of Christ lives in me. Jesus is alive and active in my life today.  He supplies all my needs. He comforts me when I am weak and strengthens me when I am weary. He loves me with an everlasting love and has prepared an eternal home for me and will take me there one day. I will testify to His steadfastness and reality in my life just as long as Mr. Hawking did his black holes.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?