To Be...A Wise Woman


June 29
Studying with these women a couple weeks ago on being adorned led me to some powerful verses. For starters:  
She opens her mouth with wisdom, 
and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.” 
Proverbs 31:26 

I started my first attempt at water aerobics for the season.  Things were going fairly well until we started leg work on our noodles.  My right leg did great, then we switched to leg presses with the left leg...for me that's the stroke leg.  At first I didn't know if I could do one press. The enemy whispered, "You are so weak. You are damaged goods."  I literally pressed on though, asking the Lord to strengthen me.  After class the teacher told me, "You did a great job."  I replied, "Not on my left leg." A wise woman standing close by said to me, "I don't want to hear it!  You do so much!"

She's right. While it's easy to get discouraged when my leg doesn't co-operate going down steps or in attempts to chase grandchildren, most people aren't even aware of my deficit.  So, I must focus on what I can do and give thanks to God for how far He has brought me.

Let's wake up our tongues and wiggle them around. Surrender our tongues to the Holy Spirit today and be a tool for the Lord.

I challenged the summer Soul Sisters to complete this sentence...
A wise woman once told me...."Don’t let life pass you by as you are busy making plans."

A wise woman once told me..."Life is a lot. A lot of joy and a lot of sorrow."

A wise woman once told me..."Reflect. If it's not of eternal value. Let it go."

A wise woman once told me..."God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good."

A wise woman once told me..."Don’t let anyone else discourage you from a direction or blessing that you believe may be God-given or Spirit-led.  Think of the blessings you and others might miss!"

A wise woman once told me..."Never say no to your husband and you won't give him a reason to go looking for another woman."  Six babies in eight years, she changed her advice saying, "You can say no occasionally!"

A wise woman once said..."If you are happy and at peace with this decision, then Be Brave; ignore what others say and follow your heart."  My friend would add to this wisdom..."if it is pleasing to the Lord."

Be a wise woman today!



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?