To Be...Under Construction

Whew, this thing called life is exhausting!
June 7
Ruth Graham was known to have a great sense of humor. She came home one day and told her family she had driven through a construction site and saw a sign that said, "End of Construction.Thank you for your patience."  She told her family that was what she wanted to have engraved on her tomb stone!
Billy Graham wrote: "Every human being is under construction from conception to death.  Each life is made up of mistakes and learning, waiting and growing, practicing patience and being persistent. At the end of construction-death-we have completed the process."

"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
16 You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out 
before a single day had passed."    Psalm 139:13, 15-16

There's a children's song, I'm certain I've referenced before that has the lyric:
He's still working on me, to make me what I ought to be."
And aren't we thankful for that!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?