To Be...A Praying Grandparent #5


September 14

"God will command His angels to protect you wherever you go."
Psalm 91:11

Making up songs for our grandchildren just kind of happens when we are together.  How I wish I'd recorded all of them over the years.  One that stays very familiar in my mind, because the grands have all held onto it, is a bedtime song:  
"Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, angels watching over me. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, I'm not scared!"
When one of our grandsons was three or four he often spoke of the angels he saw, particularly when in his bedroom.  His mommy asked him what they looked like and he said his angel was "Bigger than the house!"  Thank You God for our warrior angels watching over us.

Stormie Omartian writes this prayer:
"Lord, put Your hand of protection upon my grandchildren.  Keep them safe from accidents or dangers of any kind. Surround them with Your angels. I know that 'You alone' can make them to 'dwell in safety' (Psalm 4:8).  Help them to understand that You are their protector, and  You can keep them safe when they live Your way and seek Your hand of protection.  Enable them to see when they go their own way, without regard for Your way, they walk out from under Your umbrella of protection.  Give them no peace about going anyplace, or doing anything that will expose them tor others to danger. In Jesus' name I pray."



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?