To Be...Counting Every Blessing


October 29

To say I was heavy hearted last week, after our painter fell 50 ft at our home, would be putting it mildly.  As I would drive down the driveway all I could feel was sadness for what this family is facing.  Then I heard this song on the radio and shifted my mindset.  Counting Every Blessing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Y91axwxfI

Why is it the losses in life stand out so blatantly?  The blessings far outweigh the heartaches.
Instead of seeing the spot where this dear man fell, I needed to shift my eyes right to the spot where many, many people have been baptized. Further to the right where the scripture trails begin and so many have found hope and healing.  Looking around the house to the left is where precious weddings have taken place and on every inch of these five acres little feet have joyously pittered and pattered and splashed and splashed.  I choose joy!  Joy that is based not on worldly activity, but on Christ and what He has done for us and the hope of heaven to come.  I thank God for all the things He has done at Shiloh.

The music produced by this couple, Kelsey and Caleb, is new to me, but without a doubt they are my new favorites!  Don't miss this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X90XBZSSX2I

More to come on this theme tomorrow.

"When you meet together, sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, as you praise the Lord with all your heart. Always use the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to thank God the Father for everything."
Ephesians 5:19-20

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?