To Be...Living Like Abigail #5


October 19
So, we want a happily ever after ending to all our stories don't we.  Well, that isn't slated to happen this side of heaven.

In this particular story, David does marry Abigail, but it's not smooth sailing. He's living in the wilderness and while he does move on up in the neighborhood, he has multiple wives and commits adultery with Bathsheba.

This story points out some things we tend to think would make a happily ever after ending story to our lives:  Check out these "If only's"
"...I had a new house
  ...I had a husband
  ...I had a different boss
  ...I had a more reliable car
  ...I wan't stuck in this town
  ...my husband would take more initiative
  ...I had more education and could get a new job
  ...my husband would die and I could marry so and so...
           ...then I would be happy."

Let's campout on these verses:
"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all...so we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."  2 Corinthians 4:17-18

"I've learned to be content whatever the circumstances.  I know what it is to be in need and I know what it is to have plenty."  Philippians 4:11-12

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?