To Be...Urgent

This is Wiley Drive by Roanoke Memorial Hospital.
It is named for my grandfather who built it for the city. 
These people didn't have time to get their cars off the road when 
hurricane Michael blew into town Thursday and caused major flooding.
As the sun set last Thursday night and the rain was still coming down the sky became
an eerie shade of yellow, but bore a beautiful rainbow. God's sign of hope!

October 13-14
There was definitely a sense of urgency as roads began to flood and be closed in Roanoke and Franklin County on Thursday.  We have numerous friends who were stranded with no way home.  One school bus was stranded with six children still aboard and a boat had to be sent for water rescue. 

Flood waters have a way of sneaking up on people. So does death and the day Jesus returns.

Paul was so passionate about sharing with a sense of urgency the Good News of Jesus Christ and the generous act of God's extravagant love for us.

But there is another urgency before me now. I feel compelled to go to Jerusalem. I’m completely in the dark about what will happen when I get there. I do know that it won’t be any picnic, for the Holy Spirit has let me know repeatedly and clearly that there are hard times and imprisonment ahead. But that matters little. What matters most to me is to finish what God started: the job the Master Jesus gave me of letting everyone I meet know all about this incredibly extravagant generosity of God." Acts 20:22-24

We know when the Spirit is prompting us, but probably more times than not, we choose to ignore the tug.

Intuition- "The thing someone knows or considers likely from instinctive reasoning. The ability to understand something immediately without conscious reasoning."  Another similar term could be Holy Spirit heart tugs!  When God is calling us into an action that makes no sense to us.

"If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it." Matthew 16:25

Live with a sense of urgency.  You know, like Jesus is coming back soon.



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?