Kind Words

 
A birthday dinner.

Last week we had the pleasure of gathering with half of our family for a spring break getaway and the opportunity to celebrate my husband's birthday.  We were dining in a lovely hotel restaurant which happened to be part of a chain in which our son in law is employed.  A lovely woman, who holds an executive position at this resort came over to speak to our son in law, but in doing so she engaged each one of the 13 of us individually placing value on our lives.  What totally blew me away was the time she took to approach the far end of the table where the 7 grandchildren sat and ask each of these children what plans they had for their lives.  

At first the children had the deer in the head light look.  Then I said, "She with her what you want to do with the rest of your life!"  The simpler version...What do you want to be when you grow up?  Everyone of them shared something very unique...a blacksmith, a cartoonist, an engineer or architect, in the military or a personal trainer, ?, a mom or, and finally the 3 year old..."A pirate!"

Here is the thank you email I sent this woman:

"I wanted to thank you for taking the time to address our grandchildren last night and place value on their lives.  Currently, I am participating in a Bible Study and we are doing a 60 day prayer study related to praying for our grandchildren.  We are learning to pray scriptural prayers over them.  As I watched you last night I realized you were doing exactly what we learned on Day 2 and I wanted to share my notes from that day’s lesson with you.

For 22 years I’ve written a personal devotional called Boojoyful.  It's simply a reflection of how God and I walk through real life.  I never use the names of others in my entries, but wanted you to know that I will be using the example you set!"

Day 2 Thoughts The Importance of Kind Words
“Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.”  Mother Teresa
From Aibileen to Mae Mobley in the movie ‘The Help"…”You is kind. You is smart. You is important.”

5 Essential components for communicating unconditional love and acceptance.
Meaningful touch
A spoken message
Attaching high value
Picturing a future
An active commitment.

Prayer
Heavenly Father may all the words of my mouth be sweet to the soul of my grandchildren and bring healing to their bones and their aching hearts.  May I always make time for them to come to me and may they long for my loving touch and words of blessing that point them to the future God has for them.

Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.  Proverbs 16:24

Jesus said, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.’ When he had placed hands on them, he went on from there.  Matthew 19:14-15

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

The Song Speak Words Bring Life Trenton/Siobhan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeT8LQOffDs

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?