The Mountains

 

Above is one of my favorite photos I've taken here in Franklin County of God's glorious mountains.

"For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed,
but my steadfast love shall not depart from you,
and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,”
    says the Lord, who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54:10

I'm a mountain girl! If you've never visited the Roanoke Valley you've missed a treat. The city is completely surrounded by mountains.  Both my husband's family and mine grew up on the same side of a mountain. My childhood home sided Yellow Mountain Road. A year after we married we moved into the home where we raised all of our children and from our bedroom window we looked out at our mountain. Now we live on top of a mountain on Smith Mt Lake.  

The mountains speak security to me, probably because they are familiar.

Psalm 121:1 rings true I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come?

True security is not in the mountains though. One day they will be no more, but God's love endures forever. No matter what you are going through hold onto His love for it is constant.

Remember how these mountain top experiences display God's sovereignty, stability and covenant keeping power!

The Ark on Mount Ararat...the dramatic scene on Mount Moriah as Abraham prepared to sacrifice Issac,...Mount Sinai and Moses with the 10 Commandments...Mount Hermon and the Transfiguration...and hallelujah The Mount of Olives where Jesus ascended up to Heaven.

Picture

The Song "Into the Sea" Tasha Layton

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?