Let the Sparks Fly

 

Love the one your with. 

In light of writing the "Soul Food" entry and encouraging us all to "talk about what God has done" as the "older woman" I emailed a group of women and shared wisdom from a devotional I had read that morning on Faith Gateway. It was called "Let the Sparks Fly"!

I wrote: 
"We have to be intentional at every stage of marriage to set aside the time to nurture that God given relationship, to count it as a blessing and gift to be treasured.  Y’all do that so well and believe me, people are watching.

I try to be at the door, or sitting on the glider on our front deck, with a “I’ve been longing for you all day” attitude when my husband comes home.  The other day, I’d been working on cleaning out our garage. I was tired, sweaty and probably had spider webs in my hair, but I did drop what I was doing and made it to the front door to greet him with a hug and kiss.

Reading the devotional I have forwarded you, I was motivated to remember how important it is to “set the tone” when he comes home.  When we had the 6 little ones living under foot, his entry home was looked at by me as an extra set of hands to help with everything there still was to accomplish in the day. If I’m honest I sometimes resented him working in an air conditioned athletic center with women in leotards in those early years, while I was in a house without AC with sticky, sweaty little people.. (Kind of kidding because I loved that stage of mothering).  I must have nurtured something in him that allowed us to have six children in 8 years. LOL  But I think I could have done a lot more to affirm him, make him feel cherished, and show him a desire for alone time with him.  

I hope this devotional spurs you on to “letting the sparks fly” as you thank God for your husband.  Moving towards 44 years of marriage, I always remember that there are dozens of women out there who would nab my husband in a second if I let him go.

So, love the one your with, kiss and hug him often and thank God for him daily!

Love you girls, Mama Boo"

The Songs

"Lead Me" by  Sanctus Real

https://www.godtube.com/news/10-songs-to-strengthen-your-marriage.html


"When the Crazy Kicks In" by Francesca Battistelli

https://www.godtube.com/news/10-songs-to-strengthen-your-marriage.html

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?